Experience in person the realities of the US-Mexico border
Are you interested in grappling with any of the following questions:
- Why are so many people fleeing from Central America?
- What happens when a migrant reaches the U.S. border?
- How dangerous is the border?
- What are our current immigration laws and how does someone enter the United States the legal way?
- What does the Bible say about immigrants?
- How are churches and other groups responding to the situation?
- What can I be doing in my own community?
Come join us for a two to five Day encounter to immerse yourself in the realities of the US-Mexico border as you explore, listen, serve, and reflect!
Explore El Paso and our sister city Ciudad Juarez. Whether you've visited before or this is your first time, you will experience the region in a new way and see first-hand the realities of life on the frontier.
Serve at a temporary church shelter for asylum seekers and/or long-term embedded community development efforts (depending on availability).
Listen to a wide variety of perspectives on the border from US Border Patrol, immigration legal services, migrant hospitality houses, local nonprofits serving in both relief & development capacities, and people seeking asylum in the U.S.
Reflect on your experiences through facilitated group sharing and discussion, private meditation times, and prayer.
Here's what Past Participants have said:
return home better informed and equipped to engage in your community!
$85/person/day (groups of 6-9 people) $75/person/day (groups of 10+ people)
- Prices do not include food or accommodation
- Variety of accommodation options available upon request
- Please inquire about availability of need-based scholarships